Published: November 28, 2017
- Oaktag (sturdy poster board)
- Clear tape
- Basic pattern for glasses
- Sheets of red and blue acetate (available at art supply stores)
- Cut out the sample pattern (including eyeholes) for your 3D glasses and tape the sides to the center section. You now have your stencil for the actual glasses.
- Trace the stencil on the oaktag or sturdy poster board. Cut the glasses out making sure to also cut out the eyeholes.
- Tape the red (left) and blue (right) acetate pieces to cover the eyeholes. Make sure to cut the acetate pieces a little larger than the opening for the eyes. DO NOT get tape on parts of the acetate visible through the eyehole.
- You can decorate the glasses using any materials on hand. Encourage students to be as creative as possible!
- The pattern provided is just one possible style. Vary the outer shape of the glasses to make them unique.
- Take a picture of the whole class wearing their glasses. Or, even better, Use the class wearing their glasses as the subject of your 3D photo!
- No time for crafts? Buy 3D Glasses.