Published: December 7, 2020
Here are a few NASA highlights featured in this coloring page:
- While the Moon is not actually made of cheese (nor are there cows jumping over it in space!), Earth’s Moon is the only world beyond Earth where humans have set foot. NASA’s Artemis program will send the first woman and the next man will visit the Moon. The Artemis program will provide scientists with data that will help us to one day send astronauts to Mars.
- A "time machine" exists that will take the Universe's baby pictures! Set to launch in October 2021, NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope will give scientists a much closer look at the early Universe, from previously unobserved formation of the first galaxies to a look inside of dust clouds where stars and planetary systems are forming today.
- An icy moon of Jupiter, named Europa, contains a vast ocean that scientists believe could harbor conditions suitable for life. NASA’s Europa Clipper mission will launch in the 2020s, aiming to tell us if that's the case, as it studies the moon’s composition, interior, and the geology. The mission has the potential to provide a new understanding of icy moons as places in our universe where life could find a foothold.
What else can you uncover in the picture? Here are a few hints to help you out!
- A dusty place where stars are born
- A place where you are more likely to find rocks than cheese
- Two ocean worlds covered in ice
- How to soothe a newborn star