Download This Lesson (PDF, 340 KB)
Language Arts and Science
Grade Level: K-4
Science Education Standards: As a result of their activities in grades K-4, all students should develop understanding:
- About scientific inquiry (Science as Inquiry).
- Of position and motion of objects (Physical Science).
- Of objects in the sky (Earth and Space Science).
- About science and technology (Science and Technology).
- Of science as a human endeavor (History and Nature of Science).
Short Description: Students hear a read-aloud of the history of Saturn discoveries. Next, they learn two reading comprehension strategies (visualizing and wondering) that they can use to become more powerful readers of non-fiction text. Finally, students share their work with partners and the class. This series introduces science into a reading and writing curriculum.
Source: Cassini Solstice Mission