Download This Lesson
Grade Level: 5-8
Science Education Standards: Unifying Concepts & Processes
- Evidence, models and explanation
- Change, constancy and measurement
Science As Inquiry
- Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry
- Understanding about scientific inquiry
- Transfer of energy
- Heat moves in predictable ways
- The sun is the major source of energy
Earth and Space Science
- Earth in the solar system
- The sun is the major source of energy. Seasons result from variations in the amount of the sun's energy hitting the surface, due to the tilt of the rotation axis.
Science and Technology
- Abilities of technological design
- Understandings about science and technology.
Short Description: Students use internet resources and image processing to measure and compare the Martian and terrestrial polar caps at different seasons, and analyze their results.
Source: Montana State University