Download This Lesson (PDF, 2.82 MB)
Grade Level: K-4
Our Solar System,
Kuiper Belt & Oort Cloud,
Voyager 1 (Our Solar System),
Voyager 2 (Our Solar System)
Science Education Standards: Science Objectives
- Meet Dr. Edward Stone and learn about how he and scientists like him have explored the solar system - a system of constantly moving planets and other objects circling the Sun.
- Learn that objects in the solar system move at different speeds.
- Check out a model to gain information as Dr. Stone and other scientists did.
Language Arts Objectives
- Use scientific language to accurately record observations.
- Reflect on their knowledge and document learning through compare and contrast writing.
Short Description: Learning about the ever-moving objects in our solar system through the eyes of Scientist-Adventurer, Dr. Edward Stone. This lesson is part of the Through the Eyes of Scientists formal education product.
Source: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory