CAN YOU ANSWER THIS? QUIZ - FEBRUARY 2004
1. Why are comets visible?
2. What is the difference among the tasks for the three imaging instruments on the Deep Impact mission? The HRI, MRI and
3. A mission generally has a launch period of several days to launch because certain circumstances can put a hold on a
launch? Name 6 circumstances you think might affect a launch.
4. Why don't we know the orbital period of all comets?
5. Name 4 elements we know exist in comets.
6. What causes a comet tail to form?
7. Is there a "good" spot on the comet for the impactor to hit?
8. What is the role of a Principal Investigator on a mission?
9. Why is understanding math important on a space mission?
Click here for the answers.
Can You Answer This? - Archive