CAN YOU ANSWER THIS? ANSWERS - JANUARY 2004
1. Why is the spacecraft solar panel hinged and in two parts?
2. If we need as heavy an impactor as possible to make a crater in a comet, why did we recently need to remove some weight
from the impactor?
3. What is the orbital period for our target Comet Tempel 1?
4. Between the impactor and the flyby spacecraft, how many instruments will take visual images?
5. How did the mission get the name Deep Impact?
6. How large do we think Comet Tempel 1 is?
7. What is a Whipple Shield and what does it do?
8. Where is the spacecraft being built?
9. What is a Discovery Mission?
Can You Answer This? - Archive